Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Episode 135: Dry Run

A notice on the university's website warns us to expect severe weather tomorrow, i.e. heavy snow. Hopefully, that doesn't screw up our weekly Varsity outing. I've just finished writing my French essay, and I can't believe I actually managed to get it done before 11 pm! Had to skip China's lecture and workshop for the Malaysia Night dry run, which was a little annoying. I'd hoped to make it for the workshop at least, but people were late and everything got delayed, so I was basically there to move a few tables and chairs, as not all the props were on hand today. Not that I mind all that much, but I really would have liked to have been around to witness my writing being dissected. Maureen Freely said nice things about the fiction piece I read out this morning, which was reassuring, as I didn't really know if it worked or not. At least now I've got a pretty good idea of what's an appropriate standard of writing to be aiming for. Might very well finish my EN124 assessed work before the EN123 essay on Stoppard's Travesties, which I seriously need to read sometime during Reading Week, now that I've decided to do the essay on it. Have already picked up a couple of books, and the essays in them sound potentially useful, so it's time to do what I apparently do best, i.e. stitch together a patchwork of critical opinion to support a carefully nuanced thesis in less than 24 hours.

No comments: