Saturday, October 09, 2010

Episode 747: Suddenly Swamped!

Have just finished a marathon session in the Library, replying to submissions that have been accumulating over the past couple of days. Figured I had to get them done because I'm only going to get busier in the coming days, so no sense in letting submissions pile up. Guess I was right about getting listed at Duotrope's Digest after all! Now have pieces queued all the way until December 5, which is nearly a two-month buffer. Am quite pleased with some of the poems I've just e-mailed acceptances for, as I think they broaden the variety of work that the journal showcases. I was right, by the way, about that Sabotage Reviews piece. My editor was 'bemused' by my reaction. Note to self: Sound less huffy when you're being negative. Now it's time to head back home and bury myself in The Taming Of The Shrew. Going to try and finish (most of) that by tonight, and then Hamlet on Sunday between that Macbeth thing I'm seeing in the morning and service in the evening. I'm quite determined to get on top of my reading this year, if only because I know in the past two years, I haven't really tried all that hard (or had to, considering I did no novel-based modules last year).

No comments: