Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Episode 1247: Pancake Day!

Went to cell for the first time this year even though I'm definitely developing a cold. There were pancakes though, as it's Shrove Tuesday aka Pancake Day. Might be the first time I've actually had pancakes on Pancake Day while in the UK! Despite feeling ill, I managed to get all my reading for Thursday's seminar done, and I've started reading the Arendt essay for Friday. It's all part of a resolution we made while in the pub last Friday to speak up more in the seminar! I usually just don't say anything for the same reasons as all the way back in JC. It sounds horribly conceited, but I just tend not to speak unless I'm fairly sure what I have to say is going to advance the discussion in some way. That and I prefer listening and thinking to speaking off-the-cuff, which is sometimes what can happen in a seminar and then you get really banal things being said for the sake of filling the silence. In more pressing news, NBC has finally come to their senses and returned Community to their schedule, starting from March 15. It's about time too! That's also the date that The Vampire Diaries returns with new episodes, so I can finally get back to my brilliant Friday TV combo.

No comments: