Sunday, October 28, 2012

Episode 1497: Cheung Chau

Cheung Chau today, which basically involved a lot of walking, in footwear that was patently unsuitable. Couldn't be helped though, as I've already got rid of almost all my shoes, meaning that the pair I wore to come to Hong Kong is the closest thing I have to walking shoes at the moment. Anyway, another place ticked off 'the list'. (I don't actually have one, I just imagine that's the sort of thing I'm supposed to say.) Now I know what those TVB shows mean when the characters go to Cheung Chau for a getaway. It's sort of like what East Coast Park or Sentosa are to Singaporeans, I guess, except on a larger scale. Anyway, I'm thinking it's time to buy lots of new stuff, especially if there are any Christmas sales. Shoes, clothes, bag, laptop, the works. All in preparation for entering NIE, of course! The laptop is a definite must, I just haven't decided what I want to get yet. Was leaning towards a MacBook for a while, but to be honest, I only want one because it's cool. Except too many people have MacBooks these days, so it's not actually all that cool anymore. Right? Might just be boring and go with a Dell again, to be honest, but on the other hand, it's kind of tempting to complete my Apple gadget set, just for the heck of it. (If you're reading this, Phil How, yes, my inner hipster wants a MacBook but I'll probably run Windows on it too.)

No comments: