Sunday, September 28, 2008

Episode 6: In Search Of Lower Ford Street

Was supposed to attend the service at Lower Ford Street Baptist Church with Claire Yow, Natalie and Wanxian, but we missed the shuttle service from campus. So we decided to take 12 into Coventry by ourselves and walk to the church. What should have been a relatively straightforward journey turned into a literally circuitous adventure through the streets of Coventry, in which we were quite possibly misdirected a few times, only to arrive at the church just as the service was ending and realise that in actual fact, the journey would have been a lot shorter if we had turned one way instead of the other. Well, it was kind of fun to just walk about, trying to convince ourselves we weren't lost. We're going back to this church next week, except this time, we're making sure to catch the shuttle from campus! Lunch at Subway, which seemed to remind some of the rest of Singapore, but for me, it was just an ordinary trip to Subway. I had a Subway cookie! We went shopping in Coventry, and I bought myself two jackets from Primark. They're really quite nice, especially the one with the blue pattern, very different from anything else in my wardrobe. More importantly, Primark is cheap! I could get used to shopping there. What I really want to do though, is visit a factory outlet and get some branded stuff for peanuts. It is, after all, one of the reasons that I came to the UK to study! Places close really early on Sundays though, like around Australian closing times, which is something that I'm not used to, coming from Singapore where Sunday is one of the hottest times to shop. Sigh...

No comments: