Monday, September 29, 2008

Episode 7: Back To School...

Today was the first day of lessons, which was pretty exciting, but at the same time, not as momentous as I'd imagined it to be. Perhaps it's because this is still the first week and the full load of work has yet to descend on me. I registered for LL208 French 4 at the Language Centre, as Mel told me places fill up really quickly. It cost me £160 because I chose to take it as an academic module outside my degree. I probably should go check with my personal tutor and see if I can get it added as an extra module. It's not that I mind paying the extra money, but if I can do the module for free, I might as well spend the money on something else! I picked the latest lesson on Thursdays, since I don't have my timetable yet. Hopefully, there'll still be slots in the earlier classes that I can swap to after I get my timetable tomorrow. Met all the undergraduates on my course and they seem like nice people. I recognised some of them from Facebook because we added each other a couple of months ago. It all sounds quite exciting, what I'm going to be studying, and I'm quite eager to get down to reading and writing on a regular basis. Decided to buy a few of my texts today, since the amount I save by buying from Amazon UK isn't enough for me to feel compelled to order my books online. I might still do that, but only for the texts that I'll be using in Terms 2 and 3. Had a lecture for EN123 Literature in the Modern World, right after the library briefing that my coursemates and I missed because we spent too much time waiting outside the wrong room. The lecture was fairly interesting, although nothing tremendously striking was said. I fully expect that to change in the weeks ahead!

My friends wanted to go to Top Banana at the marquee, and we actually queued after dinner. We edged our way through the masses until we were almost at the front, but the bouncers said they weren't letting anyone into the TES anymore, so we gave up and decided to head to Tempo instead, since there wasn't a queue there. Not a few people must have thought the same thing, as the club began to fill up slowly after we got there. I guess you could pretend that we set a trend? Haha! Tempo was the usual stuff. I probably wouldn't go clubbing anymore in Warwick if I didn't have my group of friends to dance and hang out with. We danced until the lights came on, and then I walked back to Westwood with Meera, one of Amisha's coursemates, who also happens to live in Hampton. So for the first time ever, I had company on the way back after clubbing! It does get kind of lonely, just a little, having to walk back by myself all the time. Meera seems like a really nice person, pretty easy to talk to. So now I know at least one person in my hall beyond a hi-bye basis. Go me...

No comments: