Saturday, December 17, 2011

Episode 1181: Seriously, SMRT?

I feel like I should take back everything I said about SMRT in my earlier post. Four disruptions in three days is really pushing it! This is some crazy PR disaster the company's got on its hands. Granted, the excuse is probably going to be that this latest disruption is simply an extension of what happened yesterday, but that begs the question of whether SMRT even fixed anything overnight, while the MRT system wasn't operating. It's going to be a tough sell, convincing the public that SMRT is capable of rectifying the issues, which look more and more like they're systemic, rather than being unfortunate coincidences. I imagine a section of the populace will be baying for Saw Phaik Hwa's blood soon enough. Can't say I blame them this time, even if it seems like the typical Singaporean knee-jerk reaction, conflating resignation with someone being held to account. I do agree though, with those who say that SMRT should extend some sort of goodwill gesture to commuters for the inconvenience caused by these recent disruptions. Something that goes beyond giving refunds, of course.

No comments: