Sunday, December 18, 2011

Episode 1182: The Library Continues To Baffle Me...

Just came back from a weekend at Swissôtel The Stamford. High tea on Saturday at the Asian Market Café was surprisingly unimpressive, given how the other F&B outlets in the hotel complex are pretty good. Persuaded my mum to spend some of my dad's Les Amis Group vouchers on chocolates and macarons from Canelé Pâtisserie Chocolaterie this evening, so that was a treat. Am now replying to the second batch of questions for that interview about Eunoia Review with Geetha. Can't wait to see the full interview up at Flyway! In more frustrating news, the Library has (un)helpfully suggested that I post the book back because 'The book in question is still required by another borrower' and 'Any fines levied will be off-set against postage costs incurred'. I didn't see the Library working so hard to get the book back when it was overdue while I was waiting to borrow it. In any case, I've worked it out, and it isn't exactly worth my while to post the book back. Given its weight, surface mail is the only method that wouldn't see me paying more than my eventual total fine, and that would take so long to reach the Library, it wouldn't actually make sense. (Although come to think of it, I could do that, just to mess with them.) Any other method of posting would see me paying significantly more than I expect to be fined, and so logically, I should just hold on to the book and ignore all the unhelpful suggestions from the staff, since I'm pretty sure they've completely forgotten the fact that I'm going to be posting the book from halfway across the world and not the next county.

No comments: