Friday, November 12, 2010

Episode 781: Carver Or King?

Had planned to write the two film reviews for WSC once I got home, but ended up finding more titles and graphics instead. Hadn't planned on signing up for a graphics slot initially, but there are still loads available, so I figured I might as well help out since I've got a spare hour tonight. Guess I'll just have to get cracking on the reviews tomorrow. Should be fairly quick work, since New York, I Love You and Resident Evil: Afterlife are hardly obscure films. It's only 250 words each anyway! Got pretty good feedback on my short story today, which was great because everyone had helpful ideas on where I could take the story next. The consensus is that 2000 words is too short for it, and that right now, the story could play out as something from either Raymond Carver or Stephen King, depending on which aspect of it I want to focus on. I'm glad Tim Leach thought the narrative voice was interesting, as I think that's generally the greatest (and maybe only) strength in my prose work. Maureen Freely commented on it as well in my first year's assessed work for EN124. We'll see what everyone else says about it in workshops, although I could probably start making revisions right now, to be honest. I'm just putting it off because that's what I always do...

No comments: