Sunday, March 11, 2012

Episode 1266: Beginnings Are Always Difficult...

Meant to get work done between morning and evening service, but ended up staying in church to play UNO and watch Arun shave his hair off. Got the whole process down on video in my iPhone! I did manage to get a first sentence out last night, but I woke up this morning and realised that while it was a decent first sentence, it was for the wrong part of the dissertation. It was definitely more like something for the introduction than for Chapter 1. I've now got another idea for an opening sentence though, so I'll work on my 1000+ words tomorrow. Now the only question is whether I work in my room, with access to more material than I could possibly need or incorporate at this point, or do I uncharacteristically exile myself to the Library and stay there until I've banged out the requisite word count. Slightly leaning towards the latter at the moment, simply because in the Library, the only distraction I'll have is Facebook, whereas in my room, there's dozens of episodes of Community just daring me to watch them. I know I can complete the work tomorrow, if only I disciplined myself enough to do it!

No comments: