Saturday, March 17, 2012

Episode 1272: LOL (Lots Of Love), Again

On my way back from London in the last London-Coventry Megabus coach, and looking forward to finally getting some sleep. We were at Kelsey's last night until it closed, which is a scary achievement. I suppose as a one-off thing it's actually pretty funny (although it's not like anyone did anything outrageously stupid on our night out), but it also meant I had barely any sleep before I had to be up to catch my coach to London. Raided the usual Oxfams once I arrived and came away with 19 books, mostly poetry, so that was pretty impressive. Had lunch at itsu, another of my London 'traditions', before going to the OCF Easter outreach. It was nice catching up with some of the MOE people I bumped into while I was there. I also really enjoyed seeing LOL (Lots Of Love) again, and I'm glad that everyone I asked to come along seemed to enjoy it too. Seeing it for the second time, I did feel that the dancing was a lot more structured than I thought when I saw it for the first time just over a year ago. Realised that quite often, movements were being repeated and elaborated upon. Also noticed how the soundscapes had a tendency to 'resolve' from harmony into chaotic noise, which I thought was interesting. I'd forgotten how beautiful and sad that final sequence of Kip Johnson dancing with the tangle of cords like it's a real person actually looks, as the lights dim to black and John Lennon's 'Love' plays.

No comments: