Monday, March 26, 2012

Episode 1281: New Music Roundup

Have been listening to new singles on YouTube because the first paragraph of this review isn't going so well. (Stayed up to finish reading Hope: A Tragedy, which I think is brilliantly controlled. Just when I thought the plot's Beckettian absurdity was starting to get frustrating, Auslander pulled the literary equivalent of a bait-and-switch.) I've listened to a bit of Justin Bieber's 'Boyfriend', out of curiosity to know what his post-puberty musical direction is going to be. Turns out it's basically a laughably derivative attempt at sounding like he's grown up, although it will undoubtedly further confirm his position as a bona fide pop star. I also had a listen to Kris Allen's new single, 'The Vision Of Love'. I know it's potentially controversial to say that I genuinely prefer Kris Allen to Adam Lambert, but I have to say, I really like the new single. I also loved the new single by Bright Light Bright Light, 'Waiting For The Feeling'. It's perfectly poised between pop and dance, which is where a lot of my favourite music resides, I think. Anyway, I think my head's sorted itself out regarding the first paragraph, so I'm going to try and get that down on the page before I go to bed!

No comments: