Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Episode 1479: Third Review, And I've Barely Dented The Pile

Review of Cryptic Endearments is done and sent off to Andrea. A bit nervous about this one, as I feel like he's got quite high expectations (based on the review of Alan Brownjohn's The Saner Places that I sent him as a sample) and it's also the first poetry review I've done in ages (the last two were of fiction). I also think that there's a lot more to Howie's collection than I've managed to cover in 900+ words, but it's also difficult to articulate what those things are without resorting to extensive and repeated quotation of the poems themselves. It sounds clichéd, but it's really one of those collections that you have to read yourself, in order to get a sense of what it's like. Here's the link to purchase a copy, in case anyone's interested. Ah well, no use worrying about the review now that it's done. Time to move on to the next one! Have done three since I got back from the UK, but I've still barely made a dent in my to-do pile and my editors are beginning to come knocking. I think the next thing on my list is going to be Wes Brown's Shark, and then one of the KFS chapbooks that I've owed Lindsey, and now Claire, since the middle of the year.

No comments: