Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Episode 1499: 36 Episodes (And Counting) To Catch Up On!

That's how many episode of TV I have waiting for me to get through them. Would've been more, except some of the networks aired repeats instead of originals because of Hurricane Sandy. Watched the Total Recall remake on my flight home. It manages to try too hard (heavy-handed political allegory, check; pseudo-philosophical mumbo jumbo, check) and to not try at all (gratuitously shirtless Colin Farrell, check; Kate Beckinsale in underwear, check). Anyway, I came back from my holiday to my contributor's copy of Unthology No. 3 and a copy of Mark Z. Danielewski's The Fifty Year Sword. Really excited to be a part of the Unthology series, which you can pick up here, here, and here. Wish I could be at the launch during the UnLit Festival! Have also been waiting for a long time to get my hands on Danielewski's book, which had previously only been released in English twice, in limited runs of 1000 copies. Like his previous books, this one is gorgeously produced, with a textured orange cover that looks like someone stabbed it loads of times with a pen. Or the tip of a sword.

No comments: