Sunday, October 21, 2012

Episode 1490: Nikita (Or Proof That Americans Prefer Asinine Reality TV)

Nikita is the best show that it seems almost everyone with a Nielsen box has never heard of, as evidenced by its being the worst premiere for The CW this season, new or returning series. At 0.3, it was below even the Gossip Girl Season 6 premiere, but we might explain that as being due to Nikita airing on Fridays. Still, this is The CW, so they'll almost certainly still air the whole season. It's not like they have anything they can bring out to plug the gap if they yank it anyway, unless they've somehow been secretly working on a second season of The Secret Circle. (Oh, if only that were true!) The CW is a bit of an oddball compared to the Big Four networks, so who knows, they might actually even give the show another season for syndication purposes. Unlikely, but if any show on the network deserves it, it would have to be Nikita. In completely unrelated news, here's a first: I've been asked to provide a blurb for a chapbook. I've had snippets quoted from reviews that I've done in the past, but this is the first time I've been approached in my capacity as an editor. Please understand that this is disproportionately exciting for me at the moment, as not a lot else is going on in my life. You might already have gathered this from how every other post these days seems to be about the TV shows that I'm watching.

No comments: