Thursday, October 18, 2012

Episode 1487: I Think I Got A Distinction?

I think I might've found my new favourite TV show and it's MTV's Underemployed. I freely admit that a huge part of why I can enjoy it carefree is that I am not facing post-graduation unemployment, for which I am immensely grateful. Yet beneath the veneer of reality (unpaid internships, wannabe models/writers trapped in dead-end jobs), Underemployed plays more like a caricature of graduate un(der)employment than the real thing. As it should though, since this is scripted drama (as opposed to the staged 'real' deal on the reality TV that MTV has made its post-music video name on), it can be as outlandish as it wants, and it'll still get a pass from me (and quite a few other people, I should imagine). It's more fun to watch than HBO's Girls, that's for sure! Anyway, I'm supposed to get my MA results at some point today/tomorrow, but I think I've worked out that I got a distinction overall. The marks I need to calculate my average are already up on my.warwick, and barring any drastic changes by the examination board to my first two modules, my average is above 70, which is, you know, nice.

No comments: