Monday, August 02, 2010

Episode 679: Library Fiend

I'm such a nerd. First truly free day in about a month, which I could have spent lazing about, and what did I do? I paid a visit to the library and came back with an armful of books. A lot of it is stuff that I've been trying to read the past couple of times I've been back in Singapore, but just haven't been disciplined enough to finish. It's all interesting stuff too, like Memory: An Anthology, edited by Harriet Harvey Wood and A. S. Byatt, or Secret Ingredients: The New Yorker Book Of Food And Drink, edited by David Remnick, or Prince Of Stories: The Many Worlds Of Neil Gaiman, by Hank Wagner, Christopher Golden and Stephen R. Bissette. I should probably also find an afternoon to go and watch Inception while it's still screening, since I live so near to one of the more deserted suburban cinemas on this island. Plus I wouldn't even have to pay. Just swipe that gift card my godmother gave me when I got back! Purchased tickets for Boeing Boeing, which were fractionally cheaper than I told my friends they'd be, as I realised that incredibly, the student concession applies to international students as well, so that saved us all another 5%. Very pleased now...

No comments: