Sunday, August 29, 2010

Episode 706: YouTube Love!

Just spent an hour or so watching clips from The Onion News Network. (Just like the real news, only better.) Hardly a productive use of time, but oh so entertaining! Before that, I was checking out Mike Tompkins's YouTube videos, which are amazing. He's got a couple of covers uploaded where the effects are done almost entirely using his voice, including a brilliant one of Maroon 5's 'Misery', but even more incredibly, he's managed to make me listen to Miley Cyrus's 'Party In The USA' without wanting to stick a pencil in my ear. He is that good. I haven't come across such good singing on YouTube since I stumbled upon The Shures. You can find his YouTube channel here. I'm turning into one of those people who are glued to YouTube whenever they log onto the Internet, aren't I? Anyway, a technician from SingTel came around today to finally fix our problems with SingTel mio. Initially, he didn't want to come down because he claimed that when he checked on his side, there wasn't anything wrong. I'd say it is a problem if the moment I start a torrent running, mio TV stops working and I can't surf the Internet any longer. Everything seems peachy right now though, after he swapped our router for a newer model. So, uh, there clearly was a problem of some sort, right?

No comments: