Monday, August 23, 2010

Episode 700: Five Years On...

So the reason why Thong was calling me yesterday was because he wanted to know if I'd be up for visiting our tutors back in RJC today. I figured I might as well, since I'd been planning on dropping by at some point anyway. It's always interesting to see how much the place has changed between visits. For one thing, the bougainvillea that used to grace the railings is all gone now. (Apparently, they were planted because Mr Hodge likes them.) The block that houses the Humanities classes has also been completely overhauled, and it actually looks really good. The programme's doing really well under the new principal, which is good to know. We spoke to Mr Purvis, Mr Tay and Mr Rollason while we were there, and it's quite sobering to realise how quickly time flies. I hate to invoke the cliché, but it really does. It was great to see a happier Mr Purvis, for lack of a better description. It's like all the changes have helped him to find his second wind, teaching-wise, and I envy his students. I'm happy where I am now, but some days, what wouldn't I give to be back in JC? Ah, nostalgia...

No comments: