Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Episode 701: Red Tape Versus $500

Got an e-mail this morning informing me that the stuff I shipped back had arrived, and I had to collect it within 36 hours of its being unloaded or face storage charges. Wasn't expecting that! So this has messed up my Thursday lunch plans with Bella and Hui Lin. Was going to handle the collection by myself, but gave up in the face of red tape, and since the recommended freight forwarder contacted me, I caved and decided to fork out more money to make my life easier. So for $500 (cost of which I'm splitting with Chris), everything from paperwork to delivery will be taken care of. All I have to do is stay at home on Thursday and wait for the cartons to arrive. Things almost didn't work out though, as my scanner has broken down. Miraculously, it temporarily revived itself and allowed me to scan my IC to send off to the freight forwarding guy. Unfortunately, this also means that I have to wake up early tomorrow in order to accompany my dad to send it for repair. (This is what happens when you don't have a social life to speak of. You have no excuses for not doing stuff, however much you don't feel like it.)

No comments: