Sunday, November 11, 2012

Episode 1511: A Couple Of Cool Discoveries

So I discovered a couple of things yesterday. Firstly, I can't believe that I haven't seen The Lizzie Bennet Diaries until yesterday! It's a vlog adaptation of Pride And Prejudice, and it's brilliant. If anything, it actually makes me want to read the original Austen novel, which is pretty much the same reaction I had when I started reading Seth Grahame-Smith's Pride And Prejudice And Zombies. (Haven't finished it, in case you were wondering.) My other discovery was that the iPad edition of Intelligent Life, a cultural magazine from the publishers of The Economist, is free to subscribe to. Obviously, I've already downloaded all the available issues, and I hope Credit Suisse keeps sponsoring the magazine, although should the publishers start charging, I'd probably be happy to start paying as well. Now for a complete non sequitur, here's my review of Howie Good's Cryptic Endearments, my first for Sidekick Books. Have already read Afric McGlinchey's The Lucky Star Of Hidden Things in preparation for my second, and I've already got the third lined up, which will be Jerrold Yam's Scattered Vertebrae, the collection I was talking about in my last post.

No comments: