Friday, November 23, 2012

Episode 1523: How Intelligent Do We Think Parcelforce Will Be?

So Parcelforce have finally forked over compensation for that damaged parcel. £27.88, which I believe is the exact value of the five books that I listed as damaged. Was kind of expecting them to pay out more than that, considering that I spent over £100 on the shipping in the first place. It remains to be seen, however, if they were intelligent enough to send the cheque to my Singaporean address. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if they just blindly posted it off to the Warwick one. Have sent an e-mail to check, and fingers crossed, I won't have to e-mail the Post Room to tell them to keep an eye out for a letter, which they may or may not do. I think the lesson here is that sometimes being literate and liking to read can become a bit of a pain. I can only hope that since the e-mail they sent me came in a couple of hours ago, typical British inefficiency means that they weren't planning on posting the cheque until after the weekend anyway. Of course, this also assumes that my timely reply gets read before any further action is taken, of which there is no guarantee. We're talking about a company that sent me a questionnaire by post, and then didn't reply to my online message that it never arrived. Would label it stonewalling, except I got a pretty quick reply when I bypassed the stupid online portal and sent an e-mail directly to the claims team.

No comments: