Thursday, November 22, 2012

Episode 1522: Really Thankful For...Thanksgiving (Eve)?

So it looks like I'm going to be a facilitator at another MOE scholarship tea session. Maybe I'll bump into an English HOD from a school nearer to where I live this time who's in need of teachers to join his/her department? Anyway, I seized the opportunity of hardly any original TV episodes airing on Thanksgiving Eve to get a review done at last. The same situation is going to be repeated tomorrow, so while I might not be able to get another review done, I can at least make significant progress in my reading. Won't even begin to whittle down the pile, but it's a start! Incidentally, I've started alternating between reading Huffington and Intelligent Life on my iPad, and the difference in quality really shows. I mean, I know no one takes The Huffington Post seriously, but it's like they're not even trying anymore. Obvious typographical error even in their 'literary' issue? (It was actually kind of good, apart from that ironic mistake.) Arianna Huffington can keep writing about the 'slow news movement' in her editor's letters all she wants. It's still not going to change the fact that Huffington is a pretty shallow magazine. Why am I still reading it then, you may very well ask. For the same reason that people read tabloids, I suppose.

No comments: