Sunday, November 18, 2012

Episode 1518: NIE Beckons At Last...

So NIE has sent over stuff, so I'm no longer clueless as to what the next step in my life is going to look like. On the other hand, a fair amount of information has to be obtained by me at a later date, once it's available on the NIE Portal. So I'm not exactly 100% clued in yet. However, on the recommendation of friends who are already in NIE, I've set up another Gmail account, specifically for all NIE-related stuff. Partly for my own organisational purposes, partly because I don't relish the prospect of potentially having to repeatedly explain who the Perfect Sublime Masters were. Have also realised that another of my reviews editors does non-fiction titles, so suddenly, most of the urgency behind setting up my own reviews section for Eunoia Review has vanished. Or been postponed, at least. Need to find out first how much my friends can commit to doing if the reviews section becomes a reality. The other alternative is not to commit to making it a regular thing to begin with. Just leave it as something sporadic, maybe not even bothering to solicit books to be reviewed and instead take them as and when some publicist gets in touch.

No comments: