Friday, November 16, 2012

Episode 1516: Humanities Mini-reunion

Got together with a bunch of JC friends for dinner at Cumi Bali and drinks at FRY Bistro after. It's always great meeting up with them, just to catch up. If I had to get philosophical about it, part of the appeal is how these friends represent a sort of continuity between my pre- and post-university life. Plus they know cool places to hang out that I don't know/never bother to find out about! The whole plan to start writing my review before I left in the evening didn't work out though, even if I've figured out my angle for the piece. It's not going to get written tomorrow either, given how little sleep I'm going to get tonight. Have to be up at 7 am to sing at a wedding in church, and it's already 2.30 am now! Taxi driver on the ride back home had really contemporary taste in music. Wasn't sure what he was listening to, sound quality was too poor to be a radio station, but there was Lady Gaga, Maroon 5, Adele, Avril Lavigne, and that was just in the 20 minutes or so that I was in the taxi. Pretty happy that the fare worked out to just over $25, inclusive of the 50% midnight surcharge.

No comments: