Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Episode 1514: Set Foot In NIE For The First Time!

Made my first trip ever to NIE today to view an art exhibition put on by some of my MOE friends. I think it's really cool that they could do something like this during their time at NIE. Can't imagine I'd be able to do anything similar as a Literature student. The journey itself to NIE and back was pretty straightforward, although I think the return leg gave me a headache. As much as the commute remains entirely unappealing, I still don't want to live in an NTU hostel though! Anyway, I finally sent a blurb off to a past Eunoia Review contributor for his upcoming poetry collection. Couldn't in good conscience offer to do a full review of it at this point, but I'm hoping that when I clear some of my backlog, he'll still be up for my reviewing it. Also scored a free e-book from Royal Pulp, coincidentally by another contributor to the journal. Am thinking that the press will be a good contact to have, if this as-yet hypothetical reviews section does eventually happen, which will be no earlier than January 2013. Everyone else seems to think it's a great idea, so I guess I ought to spend time figuring out how to make it happen, as opposed to trying to nip it in the bud, right?

No comments: