Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Episode 1513: A Reviews Section?

Another book has been offered to me for review, a pair of essays on the Oulipo from Zer0 Books. Might end up having to turn this one down though, if Scott doesn't want it for The Cadaverine, as all my other reviews editors don't do non-fiction titles. Either that, or accept what is looking pretty inevitable these days and launch a reviews section of my own on Eunoia Review. I suppose it wouldn't have to be a full-fledged thing. Could just be an occasional review here and there, at least until I find someone to run the section. (Laura, Lesedi and Natasha have already offered to help.) Still, I'm hoping to put off the decision until I'm in the middle of my PGDE. If I can cope with it then, trying to build a team of reviewers and to get books coming in, I know I'll be able to cope with it in the long run. Anyway, I'm hopeful that Scott will okay the Zer0 Books title, since we've run a review of one of their non-fiction titles before, Phil Jourdan's powerful memoir, Praise Of Motherhood. (Come to think of it, did you give them my journal's e-mail, Phil?)

No comments: