Monday, October 27, 2008

Episode 35: Back In Warwick, Trying To Work

Got approached by a lady from the Anglo-Iranian Youth Association, asking me to contribute to their cause. As much as I believe in the work she's doing, I couldn't bring myself to commit as heavily as making monthly contributions, but I didn't want to totally brush her off either. Ended up giving £10 as a token sum. I know, insane, and she could have been out to con me. Well, I don't know, but for me, that isn't such a big issue? I guess I'm still a bit naïve and I like to think that the world still has good people in it. She almost made me late for my coach though! There was a pretty scary guy who got on the coach just before we set off. I think he wanted a window seat, but they were all taken by then. So he just stood there for a while, cursing and swearing under his breath. It was quite disturbing! Spent most of the journey listening to my iPod because I couldn't be bothered to reach into my bag to fish out a book to read, although I really should have tried to finish Syncopations. Guess I'll read it during Reading Week? Have tried to start on my work, but it's just not happening. Looks like I'll be burning the midnight oil on Thursday, except this time, it's two essays at once, so unless I finish one of them by Wednesday, I have no bloody idea how I'll pull it off. Wish me luck!

No comments: