Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Episode 36: Snow In October?!

Was ridiculously late for my language class today. I was going to head to The Learning Grid to print out my translation, then realised that I'd left my wallet back in my room, just as I reached University House. So I had to walk all the way back. Then I realised that I'd forgotten to e-mail the translation to myself, so I had to go to class empty-handed. This was possibly the worst morning of my university life so far. The horrid morning, however, was redeemed by an amazing lecture delivered by Amanda on Fitt 4 of Sir Gawain And The Green Knight. Definitely the best lecture of the four I've had on this poem, and the only one that actually made me want to read the damn thing. Am now rushing French homework so that I don't have to skip the class on Thursday. Then I'm going to start on either my 'Howl' essay or the commentary on the Fitt 2 passage. Probably the former, as my brain isn't functioning well enough to tackle Middle English. By the way, it snowed in the afternoon today. Yeah, like real snow. In October. Freakish weather, but it was pretty awesome. Well, it was more awesome in an abstract sort of way, since walking back from my seminar in the falling snow was much less exciting than it sounds. Try freezing cold! I need to get a pair of gloves soon...

No comments: