Saturday, November 08, 2008

Episode 47: A Trip To Ikea

This morning, just as I was about to leave my room to meet Chernise at Ikea, I received a call informing me that a postman was at the Arts Centre, trying to deliver a package to me. Puzzled, I replied that I hadn't asked for anything to be delivered. I had a sneaking suspicion this was going to be one of my Amazon UK packages, but I hadn't expected the delivery service to screw up now, not after having smoothly delivered four separate packages previously. Apparently, my faith was quite, quite misplaced, and my package has now been sent back to Amazon UK. I can only keep my fingers crossed that the refund for this order will go smoothly because I simply will not order those Italo Calvino books again until I've got my refund for a screwup that wasn't even my fault. Someone from the customer service side has replied to my e-mail though, offering to have a replacement order sent as soon as possible, so perhaps things will work out after all. There's still two more packages that should have arrived by now, yet I haven't received any little blue card telling me to pick them up, so am a bit jittery about those too! Oh well, here's hoping for the best...

Managed to get everything I needed from Ikea, so now the next step towards culinary greatness is buying groceries. Won't be doing that until I get at least the EN124 portfolio done though, which I'm hoping to get at least half-finished by tonight. Was initially flirting with the idea of writing a villanelle and something in terza rima, but I've decided to combine the two as a terzanelle instead. I will write the one in terza rima at some point, since I've never done it before, but I might give the villanelle a miss. All this, of course, is only going to happen after the EN123 essay is done, which I've more or less decided will be on T. S. Eliot, since I hear rumours that everyone else is writing about Yeats, whom I don't really like. I also have to produce a pantoum, since I want to include one in my portfolio for David Morley. Not quite sure what the pantoum's going to be about, but yeah, I'm off to hammer out that portfolio. No idea how I'm going to do the commentary though, since I haven't exactly been reading enough stuff to be influenced by it in my writing. Sigh...

No comments: