Monday, November 17, 2008

Episode 56: Layout Day

Today was the layout day for The Warwick Review, which was a really good opportunity to clock up hours for my module. They started at 10 am, but I completely blanked about it until about 12.30 pm, and by the time I got there, it was about 1.30 pm. Managed to read just about everything that was being passed around though, which was good fun. I read some stuff that I really liked, which I would have been glad to have written myself, and there was also stuff that I cringed at because it was the kind of writing that I know is bad because I've written (and still write) stuff like that. There was a piece that had sections that reminded me of House Of Leaves, which was pretty awesome, but overall it didn't quite work, which was a shame. Had auditions for The Culture Project in the evening. Only one girl showed up, which was a bit sad, I guess. Hopefully, more people will turn up tomorrow. I'm thinking of asking Maria if she wants to come, since she did say she might turn up on the Facebook event. Then Bella and I went off to the Arts Centre for Sarah's birthday surprise. It was quite funny because we were just sitting there and collecting more and more people around our table as they showed up. In the end, we managed to find an empty music room, so we all squeezed inside and waited. It all turned out well in the end though, which was pretty cool.

No comments: