Friday, November 21, 2008

Episode 60: Haircut

Got my haircut! Haven't tried styling my hair yet, so I can't tell if the way the barber cut it, which was certainly different from how I get it cut back home, has made it easier to style. He said that with this haircut I could style it using gel or wax, so here's hoping he's right. Wound up not eating a proper meal all day, so I'm pigging out on junk food. I had intended to cook pasta after I got back from auditions, but I got lazy, so I ended up watching TV on my laptop again instead and snacking on Doritos. I've decided to go for the French Society's Christmas dinner because I figure it's not something that comes along everyday, and I can afford to scrimp some other time. Am going to Bath tomorrow, so am hoping to get some reading done on the train ride there and back. Can't quite decide what to read though. I might read Sir Gawain And The Green Knight to prepare for my EN121 essay, or I could read Henry Green's Living to prepare for next week's EN123 lecture and seminar. What I really want to read though, is stuff from the past few weeks that I never actually read. Stuff like Colin MacInnes's Absolute Beginners and Virginia Woolf's To The Lighthouse. Especially the latter, as everyone in my seminar group seemed to hate it, but from what I've glimpsed of the novel, I don't quite hate it in the same way. In fact, it occurred to me during the seminar discussion that perhaps writing like Woolf's was an essential step that had to be taken in order for novels like House Of Leaves to be written. So yeah, can't make up my mind...

No comments: