Friday, December 11, 2009

Episode 445: En Attendant...

Am waiting in Pool Meadow for my coach to Heathrow, which was supposed to leave 10 minutes ago, but is reportedly delayed for half an hour. Slightly annoyed about that, as I rushed down in a taxi, thinking I would just make it. Randomly bumped into one of those Singaporean freshers who's sort of fallen off the collective radar of the Singapore Society, a position that I might find myself in next year when I move to Leamington whilst most of the Singaporeans in my year move back to campus. Anyway, we chatted a bit, and it turns out we're on the same flight back to Singapore, so I'll have some company of sorts. Managed to finish most of the food in my freezer, except for the beans, and there are still three pints of Ben & Jerry's in there too, so I hope the freezer doesn't break down while we're all gone during the holidays. Also managed to stuff all the books I wanted to bring back and leave behind in Singapore into my Crumpler and laptop bags. Am planning to read David Denby's Snark during the flight. As someone who occasionally refers to myself as snarky and witty in the same breath, it's going to be interesting to discover why one is regarded by Denby as less desirable than the other.

1 comment:

Laura said...

You won't fall off the Singaporean Warwick map! We will allow you to keep your other friends. As long as you admit that we are the coolest. xx