Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Episode 1149: Awkward Auditing

So it appears I should have been reading a novel instead for the seminar I audited today. Awkward! All that reading I did was helpful though, really interesting stuff that I'm going to have to get to grips with in relation to the Merlion poems that I'll be looking at. Anyway, my four issues of Anon arrived in the post today, so that's something I'm looking forward to reading. (As if I don't have enough to read already! As a matter of fact, I'm picking up more poetry from Claire tomorrow to review for Sabotage Reviews. They're collections published by The Knives Forks and Spoons Press, and I'm quite excited about this because at Eunoia Review I've published a poet who went on to publish a collection with the press.) Each of the three packages the magazines came in had a personalised note slipped in as well, to thank me for buying the magazine, which I thought was a really nice touch. Also, oddly enough, this week's graze box was delivered to my hall rather than being held for me at the Post Room like it has been for the past few weeks. It was delivered to my hall on the very first week though, and the box definitely fits into the mailbox slot, so here's hoping that this state of affairs continues for the rest of term. It's really a bit of a drag having to walk all the way to Westwood Campus just to pick up a box of healthy snacks, much as I appreciate all that brisk walking! (I clearly need it though.)

No comments: