Thursday, November 17, 2011

Episode 1151: My Streak Of Productivity Continues Into A Second Week!

So the productivity streak continues and I surprise myself. Just finished reading Jonathan Swift's satire A Tale Of A Tub, which for something written between 1694 and 1697, I actually found surprisingly easy to get through. After dinner, I seriously considered not reading the 100+ pages I had left, since I'm only auditing this module anyway. I took a 10-minute nap, and then ploughed through them in more or less one sitting, barring the occasional break to play The Sims Social. (Yes, apparently I'm still playing that.) Not sure what I have to say about it beyond that I think it's really funny. I suspect the satire on Western Christianity would probably be lost on a 21st century reading audience, if it weren't glossed. Someone's placed a hold on The Postcolonial Unconscious, so I might try to have an especially productive weekend and read all of it, in between getting caught up on my reviewing work. It isn't terribly thick, and I've already read one chapter, which is the one that's likely to be most relevant for my own dissertation, I hope. Still haven't heard back from John Fletcher about being assigned a new supervisor, which doesn't really surprise me, truth be told. It would be nice to find out before the end of term though...

No comments: