Saturday, November 19, 2011

Episode 1153: Apples Instead Of Crisps...

Was thinking of writing my story today for next week's workshop, but I ended up getting bogged down with getting the timeline of the plot straight. I think it's more or less worked out though. Found a nifty site that even tells me how much time will have passed for an Earth observer when my first colonists land on Safehaven. Not that it's actually very important to the story right now, but it could be in the future, if I ever bring characters from Earth into the storyline. (Probably won't, just because I can't figure out how to make the mechanics of sending transmissions between the two planets work, and I'm going to try and remain as scientifically plausible as possible.) Am caught up on How I Met Your Mother until Season 5, by the way, so I definitely can catch up to the current season before heading back to Singapore. (Natalie, aren't you impressed?) Also, the things I do to not get fat(ter). I bought apples today from Costcutter instead of crisps! I've bought a couple of small packets of Tyrells on campus here and there this term, but haven't bought any large packets of any sort of snack whatsoever from the supermarket. Unlike last year, when I pretty much bought at least three every time I went to Tesco. Guess having to carry my shopping and walk for 10 minutes as opposed to just stepping outside to the bus stop really makes a difference!

No comments: