Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Episode 1240: And One More...

Woke up to find an invitation in my inbox to be a Guest Editor for the next issue of The Conium Review, which I happily accepted. Since I'll only be reading submissions until June, the additional workload is temporary. It's also the first time that I'll be working on a print publication (excluding that issue of tapfactory when I was an undergraduate), so that's exciting in its own way. Between this and Epicentre Magazine, 2012 is off to a good start where my non-academic life is concerned. Got to use the rest of the term to rebalance the academic side of things though, especially in terms of doing my dissertation research. I feel like once the Easter holidays, I'll definitely get back on top of things, but I'd like to start writing something before the end of this term, just to show my supervisor. That's what I put down in my work timeline anyway. Right now though, what I really need to do is finish reading Noughties, so that I can write my review by the end of tomorrow. Don't have to go to church tomorrow to do administrative stuff for Kidz Klub because it's half-term in the schools, so I'll either have a few extra hours to lie in bed or a few extra hours to finish reading/start writing the review. Sneak preview: I actually really like the book. It kind of reminds me of Gavin James Bower's first novel, Dazed & Aroused, except the people being skewered aren't models but students of English literature. I should totally make that point in my review actually.

No comments: