Sunday, February 19, 2012

Episode 1245: Found A Book I've Been Looking For For Ages!

Spent about an hour clearing the submissions I was forwarded this week to read for The Conium Review. Will start on the ones for Epicentre Magazine tomorrow! Just noticed that Paul Glennon's first book, How Did You Sleep?, is back in stock on Amazon UK, by which I mean there's just one copy remaining, which I've promptly snapped up. I must confess that over a year after I bought it, I've yet to finish reading his second book, The Dodecahedron: Or A Frame For Frames, but I like the concept of it very much, and on that basis, I've been trying to get hold of a copy of How Did You Sleep? that didn't cost too much, to see what Glennon's other work is like. As for what I've actually managed to read, for the past couple of days, I've been getting acquainted with Mathias Malzieu's The Boy With The Cuckoo-Clock Heart and it's lovely. It's been described as a whimsical fairytale for adults, and that's fairly accurate. Perhaps most interestingly, Malzieu is also the lead singer of French rock band Dionysos, and the band's made a concept album to accompany the book, which is also being made into an animated film. Malzieu's published a few other books, and I'm hoping that the others will eventually be translated into English. Although I suppose I could try reading them in French?

No comments: