Monday, February 27, 2012

Episode 1253: Lots Of Reviewing Going On Here...

First up, here's my review of Evelyn Posamentier's Poland At The Door, another chapbook from The Knives Forks and Spoons Press. So now that's only two more chapbook reviews I owe from last year! Speaking of which, I just got approached to do a review of the first title put out by the intriguingly named Wormwood Chapbooks. That title's actually sound out, but I understand that a second print run is on the cards, along with more forthcoming titles. Wish I'd heard of them sooner, as they're currently closed to submissions. The press is affiliated with A Few Lines Magazine, which I know of because I've published a poem from one of the editors before. (He's the one who approached me about the review.) Took a cheeky afternoon nap because I only got two hours of sleep last night, and now I'm debating whether I should stay up until I finish writing this review for Sabotage Reviews that's due in by Wednesday. I suppose I could, as I'm only aiming for 500 words, 600 maximum, since it's a review of a pretty straightforward but highly entertaining instalment of a pulp fiction serial. Also took on another book review for The Cadaverine, of Shalom Auslander's Hope: A Tragedy, which the author's website describes as 'a hilarious and haunting examination of the burdens and abuse of history, propelled with unstoppable rhythm and filled with existential musings and mordant wit. It is a comic and compelling story of the hopeless longing to be free of those pasts which haunt our every present.' Works for me!

No comments: