Friday, February 24, 2012

Episode 1250: Still Sick, But I've Cracked On With Reading Submissions Anyway

Spent the afternoon after my seminar continuing to catch up on TV, just vegetating because of the cold that's still not gone away entirely. Don't think I'm going to rally enough for any sort of social activity by tomorrow evening, so both the FORM fundraiser and the Leamington house party are out of the question and I don't have to make a choice as to which one I want to go to more. Instead, I'm going to sit in front of my laptop and read the other half of the Epicentre Magazine submissions that I didn't get through tonight after catching up with all my TV shows. My parents would be proud of my self-discipline! Hasn't been as hard as I thought it would to decide whether to accept or reject, although there was a surprise from someone I'd published in Eunoia Review whose submission this time was quite, well, boring. Speaking of which, I've just checked the Eunoia Review inbox, and I've got four submissions waiting for me, so I should be cracking on with those now. I've got a list ranking to maintain. Haha! I think the journal's currently back at the top on Duotrope's Digest for swiftest responses for both poetry and fiction. It's never fallen out of the top three since it started getting listed anyway. It's also now firmly in the bottom half of the Top 25 for approachability, although it'd probably have fallen off that list by now, if the true acceptance/rejection ratio for the journal were being tracked, rather than going by user reports. I've toyed with the idea of working it out myself, since I've still got all the submissions in the inbox, but that's just a waste of time to uncover a statistic that few people apart from myself could be expected to care about.

No comments: