Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Episode 1227: Stupid Room Light...

Met Nick for coffee after doing Kidz Klub stuff. Was meant to do another DR@W experiment at 2.30 pm, but the previous session before mine was already running late, and to bring the schedule back on track, I was paid just for showing up. Who says there's no such thing as free money? So I caught up with Nick again, but we still couldn't have drinks at The Terrace Bar because it didn't open until around 4 pm. Got baguettes from the Bread Oven and just chatted instead. I was going to aim to get a lot of work done today, but the light in the doorway of my room is on the fritz, so it's driving me crazy. I wonder why the two lights in the room can't be turned on and off independently. I suppose it saves a bit on the wiring? I've reported the fault, so hopefully it gets repaired by tomorrow, although I hope the porter doesn't come by really early in the morning. Haven't been able to have a lie-in since my one-off bout of insomnia on Sunday night, so although I've been getting more or less my usual amount of sleep since then, I'd really like one day to just sleep till noon, and Thursday's my best bet before the weekend. So I think instead of doing some reading and writing, I'm just going to do the first half and call it a night.

No comments: