Sunday, January 29, 2012

Episode 1224: Party Costume Sorted

So I still haven't written the flash fiction, unless you count the ridiculous rehash of the beginning of the Gospel of John as some Matrix-type opener that I did yesterday. (It actually kind of works, in a weird way, but since all I've done is substitute nouns and pronouns here and there, I highly doubt it'll be accepted by the competition.) On a completely unrelated note, while in Varsity after church, I decided what I'll be going as to Kat's board game-themed birthday party, and it's going to be Reverend Green from Cluedo. I just need to make a clerical collar and decide which weapon to bring as a prop. I could do a knife, I suppose, since I actually have all those Ikea kitchen knives that I never actually use because I don't cook, but it'd be such a hassle to carry around. I was thinking of just substituting rope with one of the many cables snaking around my table instead. Sort of a modern update on the whole strangulation thing. Plus it'd be way safer to carry around too! Anyway, I started reading Noughties last night, and I had to force myself to put it down and go to bed. It was that readable. I can definitely see this novel becoming a hit among people in their mid-20s to early 30s, if it's marketed well. I suppose it will be, Hamish Hamilton being an imprint of Penguin and all.

No comments: