Saturday, May 19, 2012

Episode 1335: Darkest Timeline Alert!

It's official. Dan Harmon won't be returning as showrunner for Season 4 of Community. Still, at least the guys taking over have worked on Happy Endings, which I consider to be the next best hope for American comedy, once Community goes down in a blaze of glory. (On a tangent, how awesome was the Season 2 finale of Nikita? Most underrated show on The CW, and with that finale, seriously vying with The Vampire Diaries for best show on the network. I hope the TV pundits are right and that a Season 3 pickup means Season 4 is practically a guarantee, purely to reach the required episode count for syndication purposes.) On a brighter note, a story I nominated for storySouth's Million Writers Award has been listed as one of the Notable Stories of 2011. The story's Heather Hall's 'Someone Else's Fairy Tale', and I'm really proud that it's been included in the list. Keeps me believing that the work I'm doing as an editor is worthwhile, you know? Also met up with Claudia for a bit of a wander around the National Museum, which then turned into a wander around town that went from Starbucks at The Cathay, to drinks at No. 5 Emerald Hill Cocktail Bar (although we left before 2-for-$16 martinis), to H&M (which I swear never to shop at), and finally, to Kinokuniya (where I picked up the three-volume Vintage International paperback of Haruki Murakami's 1Q84, which I hadn't even realised was out). So all in all, a pretty good day, I guess, despite the Harmon thing.

No comments: