Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Episode 1338: Maintaining Momentum...

Finished Nathan Thompson's chapbook last night, and I think I've got the angle for my review figured out now, partly inspired by Rupert Loydell's blurb on the back cover. Am now alternating between reading God's Autobio and an issue of Timothy McSweeney's Quarterly Concern. Rolli's stories definitely read to me like stuff that would appear in McSweeney's, and I'm loving it so far. Definitely won't have problems writing the review for this one! (As for McSweeney's, I'm reading No. 11, a gorgeous black hardback with gold embossing, which feels like a very persuasive case for the continued existence of physical books.) Speaking of reviews, after I posted the link for yesterday's review to Facebook, Nick Sweeney, fellow Unthank Books' author, offered to print off a copy and send it along to Alan Brownjohn, as they know each other and Brownjohn's 'non-web-friendly', so to speak. That was a pleasant surprise, and I guess it would be sort of fun to hear back from Brownjohn and to find out his reaction to the review.

No comments: