Monday, May 28, 2012

Episode 1344: Another Eunoia Review Milestone!

Still haven't written the review, but I did start reading for my EN954 essay. Have read Mark Doty's My Alexandria, which I enjoyed but don't think I'll be able to fit into my essay. Am now reading Paul Monette's West Of Yesterday, East Of Summer, but that doesn't contain the full sequence of Love Alone: 18 Elegies For Rog, so I've ordered a second-hand copy of that, which should hopefully be waiting for me when I get back to Warwick. (Many thanks to Hasan for helping to collect my post these past few weeks!) Once I finish the Monette, I'm going to read Thom Gunn's The Man With Night Sweats for the third time. In other news, Eunoia Review reached another milestone today, as I accepted a submission that takes the journal's queue of work till its second anniversary! It's been an interesting ride so far, the most recent incident being my realisation that prior to sending an e-mail submission, one writer apparently thought it was okay to send her submission as a Facebook message because she claimed she couldn't find how to submit to the journal on the WordPress site. It's a bit hard to believe, given that the site's navigation bar is uncluttered and happens to have a link labelled 'Submissions'. The irony? This writer must have put on her glasses or something, as she subsequently 'liked' the Submissions page. Was left genuinely perplexed by this one, not to mention that even in her e-mail, she seemed to assume that I was going to click to her blog to find other poems that I might want to publish, besides the single one that she pasted in the body of her e-mail. Sometimes, I do not understand what goes through the minds of writers.

No comments: