Thursday, May 24, 2012

Episode 1340: And Then Full Steam Ahead!

Have just finished the review for Rolli's God's Autobio and sent it off to James. This means that I'll definitely be able to get the chapbook review to Lindsey by Sunday, and it's about time I did that. I've had this chapbook since before Christmas! While procrastinating in the afternoon, I finally started reading The Hunger Games, since I realised that Natalie has the boxed set. I can definitely see why the trilogy's enjoying such wild success and being hailed as the new Twilight or the new Harry Potter. Not sure if I'm going to read it all before I go back to the UK though (only read the first chapter), just because I don't really feel like it would be the best use of my leisure reading time. Not trying to be snobbish here, just being practical. I'm sure if I wanted to find the trilogy back in the UK, all the local libraries would have it anyway, so I might as well spend my time on stuff I can't find as easily. Like all my issues of Timothy McSweeney's Quarterly Concern, the latest of which arrived in the post yesterday. I'm still missing a few of the earliest issues of that because they're out of print, obviously.

No comments: