Friday, May 25, 2012

Episode 1341: Old Empire & Boon Tong Kee

Went for cell, and then met up with Claudia and Derrick for drinks at Old Empire, which was really easy to get to from church. Would've made it there sooner, except a 970 pulled away from the bus stop just as I was about to reach it, so I had to wait for the next one. (Could have taken 186 and walked a bit further, but that bus didn't turn up while I was waiting.) Tried this cider at Old Empire that tasted like mildly alcoholic apple juice, so I quite enjoyed that. Tsz San and Yvonne joined us as well, and we pretty much stayed till the place closed, and then walked a couple of minutes down the road for chicken rice. Think it might've been the first time that I've tried Boon Tong Kee. (I'm actually very unsavvy when it comes to major food places in Singapore.) The outlet was pretty upmarket on the inside, with quirky touches like construction paper for placemats and utensil wrappers. Was good to meet up with everyone again and catch up! Kind of hard to believe that it's been seven years since we graduated from RJC and that we're all in our mid-20s now.

No comments: