Thursday, February 04, 2010

Episode 500: Have I Been Blogging Here That Long Already?

Popped down to the city centre between seminar and lecture to collect my parcel, which would otherwise have been returned to the sender after today. Was pleasantly surprised that it actually was at the Royal Mail delivery office. Was so happy about this I decided to treat myself to a Starbucks frappuccino. Nothing fancy, you understand, just plain coffee with cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla powders sprinkled on top. Made it back to campus in time for Emma Mason's entertaining lecture, although she really should stop talking about the microphone and her bra. That joke only works the first time you tell it! Am still shattered from yesterday, so I came home after some dithering in the pub with friends and have been alternating between napping and reading since. Did find a moment to do something responsible and adult, i.e. buying travel insurance. It's still hard to believe that I've actually gone and done it, and that I'll be travelling with a bunch of strangers come March. Eugene has also kindly informed me that my attractive doppelgänger has surfaced in London. We apparently look alike, sound alike right down to our accents, except he is more buff than me, and therefore according to my wonderful friend, more good-looking. I am quite intrigued, since I've never actually met someone who even vaguely resembled me. (That guy from my primary school doesn't count because now he looks really weird.)

No comments: