Sunday, February 07, 2010

Episode 503: Il Faut Pardonner

Finally got around to reading that article by Georges Pompidou I've been avoiding all week. It's about the May 1968 student demonstrations in France, and is heavily ironic. My homework was to pick out all the ironic bits, but I can't be bothered, so I'm just going to wing it in class come Tuesday. Also did a draft of the sponsorship pack for AdHoc, which I've been meaning to do all week, but between rehearsing for and recovering from the musical, I haven't had the time or energy until today, after I got back from lunch at Varsity. I think it's pretty okay for a skeletal outline, but it needs to be worked through something like Microsoft Publisher or Adobe Photoshop, so that it can be prettified, like all those glossy packs I've been browsing online. (I have neither, or I'd make a start myself, despite my limited artistic talent.) Anyway, I had one of those moments today that people usually turn into testimonies in church. Without having to go into too much detail, suffice it to say that the sermon today was extremely timely. Not directly for myself, but it put me in a position to give sound advice to someone else a few hours later.

No comments: