Friday, February 12, 2010

Episode 508: Psyched About Work (I'm Serious!)

So despite the fact that tomorrow's Archaeology class is going to be a disaster for me, today's been pretty good for all my other work. After a conversation with Dan and some Googling, I think my EN227 essay is going to shape up nicely once I've re-read the poems I'm writing about and done the secondary reading. Also, finally got around to telling Jeremy Treglown that I want to change the topic of my non-fiction piece, and he readily approved of my new idea, so am quite psyched about that as well. Again, just need to do a bit of background reading so that I know what I want the remaining 1700 words to cover, and I could even write this by the end of Reading Week! It's slightly ambitious, given that I've got quite a bit of stuff to do for French (and a presentation on Christina Rossetti to prepare), but I can't help it. I think I've really found my non-fiction voice, which I never seriously thought possible before this year. (In other words, The Straits Times back home should hire me. Right now. I want to be given inches and inches in which to whine and bitch about stuff too!) Plus I'm actually pretty confident when it comes to judging my non-fiction, as opposed to my fiction and poetry. This is, however, based entirely on three pieces that barely add up to 1000 words in total, so don't take my word for it just yet.

No comments: